Thursday

Cacophony

I sometimes wonder what our neighbors think of our large brood. We bring movement and noise into the neighborhood in a big and loud way.

The weather continues to be gorgeous and we love being out on the deck. Last night Emerald practiced her trumpet on the deck, Jasper played his saxophone in the living room soon followed by Sardius on his violin. Often all this is accompanied by Hyacinth on her flute or the piano.

To us, this is a joyful noise and not a cacophony....although it may sound like it at times :). Our neighbors have never complained, which leads me to believe that perhaps they enjoy these signs of life as we do.

It is the end of the school year....a busy time. This morning was Electrum's spring concert. He looked so cute and serious as he sang "Dial 555 Meow". Tonight is Sardius's orchestra concert and tomorrow Hyacinth's ballet performance. Quartz rehearses everyday for next weekend's 4 performances of Tartuffe and Jasper and Emerald prepare for the band concert on Thursday.

Busy, busy and yet so wonderful and fulfilling.

Thank you again and again my Father for this life you have given us. You have restored by Your mighty hand that which was destroyed. You have turned my mourning into dancing and I will praise you with all that I have. May every breath, every joyful noise reflect your glory and beauty. And oh my Father when life seems more cacophony than symphony please by Your Holy spirit remind us that is Your son's amazing sacrifice that has brought us peace and salvation . I love You oh my Father.....may it ever be so. Amen and Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I households must sound similar. If there is not an instrument being played, someone is singing. Sometimes we have one guitar playing upstairs, one down. With the windows open, I'm sure the mix of music sounds a bit odd to the passerby.
amanda