Saturday

Count your thankfuls

  1. I wake up at 5:15 and realize it is Saturday and I can sleep in. I am thankful.
  2. I hear Electrum's feet pattering up the stairs and he begins to sift through his army men. I am thankful.
  3. I snuggle closer to my wonderful husband. I am thankful.
  4. I decide not to work overtime this weekend. I am thankful.
  5. I look in on Jasper and Sardius sleeping soundly. Sugar is curled up next to Sardius. I let her out and feel the cleansing wind on my face and the cold paving stones on my bare feet. I am thankful.
  6. I start a pot of coffee. I am thankful.
  7. I look forward to taking Emerald to the cafe on the corner for lobster soup. I am thankful.
  8. I look forward to spending the afternoon with Quartz getting his hair cut and a new jacket for prom tonight. I am thankful.
  9. I take Garnet to work and the sun reflects off the lake and the bridge in brilliant bursts. I am thankful.
  10. I walk in the door and the wonderful smells of Anonimo making breakfast greet me. I am thankful.

Thankful is the word and concept that I have been pondering on this week. I roll it around in my mind. I take it out and look at it....wonder at all its different facets. I silently whisper "thank You, thank You".

I looked up one of the Hebrew words for thankful this morning: YADAH. It is translated in several ways
  • thank, thanksgiving, hymns of thanksgiving, give thanks, give you thanks, giving thanks
  • praise, giving praise, gave praise
  • glorify
  • confess, confessed, confesses, confessing, making confession
  • placed, shoot, throw down
Just looking over this list illuminates some of the many facets of thankful. I stopped for awhile over the confessing words. I know when I hang on to my little sins or hurts, I am unable to be thankful. I think of the path through the tabernacle....the first step through the gate, the altar of sacrifice, the bronze laver [confession, cleansing] and into the Holy Place (the lampstand, the altar of incense, the table of Shewbread) and there the glorious veil that has been ripped apart for me! And oh the mercy seat.

I am overwhelmed as I think of the gift I have been given to be in this amazing relationship with our Saviour. Tears of thankfulness begin. I am seated with Him in the heavenlies. I am a Beloved Child just as He is.

thank YOU thank YOU thank YOU thank YOU thank YOU thank YOU thank YOU

Genesis 29:35

And she conceived again and bore a son and said, "This time I will praise the LORD ." Therefore she named him Judah. Then she stopped bearing.

Colossians 3:15

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made my day. I have always prayed that the sharing of my story would reflect the One who made me, and would inspire and encourage others. I am thankful for your comment. And your blog is absolutely wonderful. I love the flow of your writing style.
amanda

Aletheia said...

amanda...thank you for making my day in turn :) I look forward to continue to read and "see" your blog and artwork...may we both grow closer to HIM.
aletheia