Monday

Ready. Set. Go?

I am a great starter and a poor finisher. Anonimo hesitates to start and finishes with a bang. These contrasts are just one of the things that make us so well suited for one another.

The air outside is still crisp and cold, more like a fall day than a spring day. The snow has melted and the city street washers were out this evening going up and down our street and alley. A red -breasted robin hopped about our back yard while a squirrel looked on. Signs of spring.

After a long winter of eating good food and sitting in our comfy chairs...it is time to walk. The only problem is that I did not want to start. I who start so well had a hard time pulling myself up out of the couch. Anonimo was the starter this time. "Let's go".

We do not need to pull out a scale to see our starting weight....we carry it with us...we know there is weight where there shouldn't be. We do not need to measure our body fat...we look down and see it. We have set no goals...except to start , to continue and to finish well.

We enjoyed every moment as we walked through this Garden of Eden where we live. The swollen waters of the creek ran by us and sounded like music in our ears. The trees soared above us and a pair of mama and papa birds flew by. Sugar pulled hard on her leash as she led the way.

We breathed heavily as we pulled our legs step after step up out of the creek.

Sometimes the climb can be so steep
I may falter in my steps
But never beyond Your reach


Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

Rich Mullins


Starting. Continuing. Step by step.

No comments: