Thursday

the Perceptiveness of Emerald

Anonimo and I rarely disagree and when we do it is always over the same subject: one of the children. Last night we had one of these disagreements, slight and overheard by none. We each went our own way to breathe deeply and (hopefully) pray.

I was in Quartz's room when Emerald knocked on the door and came in. She did not interrupt our conversation but leaned against the wall and listened. I knew her look....the tip of her tongue barely peeking out of her mouth, her eyes darting back and forth. Something was on her mind.

"Did you need anything honey?"

"Ummmm, no." She continued to stand there unwilling to speak out in front of Quartz and his friend.

"Do you need me honey?"

"Daddy needs you. I came to tell you Daddy needs you. He is on the front porch...and I know he is lonely and he needs you." the words rushed out one over the top of another.

"Do you want me to go to him?"

"Yes" she breathed out in a sigh of relief.

Emerald did not know we were apart on purpose...she only knew that there was a loneliness in her Daddy and she needed that loneliness filled right away. Such a perceptive girl....such a loving daughter.

The disagreement still hung in the air last night as we went to bed.....slightly swaying back and forth.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hi, I'm a friend of Amanda's. I look forward to reading your posts. Have an absolutely abundant and wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being such a good friend to our Garnet :) In Him, every day is abundant and wonderful!

Holly said...

You are most welcome! The pleasure is mine.

Ah, yes! IN HIM is the key! The whole experience of being in Him changes as time goes along...