Friday

my chair

My favorite chair is dark green, It sits up high on its two rockers. I sit between the two sturdy arms and feel cradled and comfortable. We bought my chair at a yard sale a few months ago. The previous owners told me they had purchased it from the remains of an old schoolhouse. It had been the teacher's chair and upolstered in faded and torn leather. They re-upolstered it in Victorian green. My favorite part of the chair is that it rocks. Movement soothes me.

I wonder how many books were read aloud from this chair. How many children curled up in it when they were not feeling well.

From where I sit, I can look out our front window and directly through two windows of the second floor of a neighbors house. The shades are always up in my neighbors room and that allows me to view the sunrise over the Lake as if looking at a painting hanging on the wall.

This morning is still dark, the days are unveiling later. The sun begins with a blazing and deep orange that quickly fades into lavender into pink and now into the sky.

I sit in my comfy chair and view beauty through the layers of three panes of glass. And my mind can roam and come back again. My spirit can inhale the beauty of the colors.

To have a chair and a view is an important thing.

No comments: